Mail and Shipping Tips From USPS for a Less-Stressed Holiday
THIS IS OUR SEASON! We plan for it all year long and with more than 240 years of experience delivering the holidays, we are ready to make this year the best one yet. With experience comes knowledge and we’ve learned some things over the years. Here are some tips to help you have a happier, less-stressed holiday by getting your greeting cards and packages delivered on time and intact.
Know the deadlines
Mail cards and packages on or before the dates listed.
For military and international destination deadlines, please go to usps.com/holidaynews.
Get a Sneak Peek into Your Mailbox
– Sign up for free services and customize the delivery of your package by going to informeddelivery.com
– Receive text messages or email alerts notifying you that a package is en route and additional notifications when the package has been delivered
– Provide delivery instructions online and authorize the carrier to leave the package in a specific location
– Request the package be held at the Post Office, by choosing the Hold for Pickup option
Skip the Trip and Ship Online
We are uniquely qualified to deliver the holidays! We have a variety of customized solutions designed specifically to make shipping holiday packages easy and convenient. You can stay home and avoid holiday hassles by:
– Ordering free Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express boxes and envelopes at usps.com/freeboxes, or picking them up from the local Post Office,
– Using Click-N-Ship at usps.com/ship to create shipping labels online with USPS Tracking and paying for postage — and by using flat rate shipping products, weighing isn’t necessary
– Getting packages picked up for free at home or in the office with Package Pickup. Just hand the package to the mail carrier on his or her regular delivery route. Pickups can also be scheduled at usps.com/pickup.
How to Avoid a Holiday Glitch
Here are some additional tips to help ensure a glitch-free holiday.
All of this information and more can be found at usps.com/holidaynews.