This is our season and we are ready to deliver! Yes, holiday shipping period is underway, and I’ve provided practical tips to help you ship packages to your friends and family this year. In addition to offering 2014 holiday stamps, USPS will offer festive Priority Mail boxes and additional packing items to provide you with added convenience when shipping packages to your loved ones. Our knowledgeable employees are available to assist in ensuring your packages are packed, tracked and delivered with ease.
No time to visit your local Post Office? Take advantage of Click-N-Ship on usps.com, where you can ship packages on-the-go when it’s most convenient for you. As an added bonus, you can receive savings off retail prices when you print your own labels with postage online.
Shipping Tips from the Consumer Advocate:
– Enjoy convenience: Order free Priority Mail shipping supplies on usps.com and have them delivered to your door, free of charge.
– Be informed: Check usps.com to verify that your items can be shipped.
– Pack smart: Pick a strong and sturdy box, cushion contents with packing peanuts, newspaper or bubble wrap and tape it closed with strong packing tape.
– Save a trip: Visit usps.com to pay for postage and request free Package Pickup at your door.
– Track it: Sign up for text and email alerts through my.usps.com to track the delivery status of your packages.
– Gift options: Pick up a gift card from your local Post Office; they make great gifts for family and friends.
USPS 2014 Christmas Shipping Deadlines:
To ensure that holiday mail and packages are delivered in time for Christmas, we recommend the following mailing and shipping deadlines:
- Dec. 2 – First-Class Mail International
- Dec. 2 – Priority Mail International
- Dec. 10 – Priority Mail Express International
- Dec. 15 – Standard Post
- Dec. 17 – Global Express Guaranteed
- Dec. 20 – First-Class Mail
- Dec. 20 – Priority Mail
- Dec. 23 – Priority Mail Express*
The dates listed above are the earliest deadlines for international and military mail.
*Priority Mail Express postage refund eligibility is adjusted for shipments mailed Dec. 2
Finally, I’ll leave you with what I think is the most important tip – The key to holiday shipping is being prepared and starting early.
As the Consumer Advocate, my goal is to improve your interactions with the Postal Service and ensure positive customer experience. I am confident that these tips will be useful as you plan your holiday shipping!
For more shipping tips, visit usps.com.